Thursday, December 8, 2011

CriminalsGallery

This is Meagan, I don't know much about her other than the following:
She is a Stanford grad
Works as a waitress
  (Meanwhile, some talking head is probably saying: "The economy is improving, the DJIA is going  up", and 
we have BoBobama's balderdash, in used car salesman tones, "...we've turned the corner because the rate at which the economy is going downhill is not accelerating as much as previously...")
Volunteers in the kitchen for OccupySF - I actually haven't seen her eat anything yet.
Her principal role is on the finance committee, and other working groups.
Does not get enough sleep, let alone money to pay rent comfortably.
Found ways to involve M (9 yr.s) and E (5 yr.s) in usefully organizing the kitchen.
Took them with her and walked through the camp distributing evening rations.

WAS ARRESTED AND SPENT THE NIGHT IN JAIL ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHERS WHEN THEY EXERCISED THEIR RIGHT TO FREE ASSEMBLY AFTER THE SF POLICE GAVE THEM 5 MINUTES TO EVACUATE THE SETTLEMENT IN BRADLEY MANNING PLAZA (formerly JUSTIN HERMAN PLAZA).

The afternoon of her release, still finds time to return my call and thank me for my help, and asks about M and E.

WHY DID THEY LET HER OUT? 

I would like to thank the OccupyWS movement for standing up for us, even for those of us who mistakenly identify with the 1% and do not want to be fought for.

A lot of people have been very supportive since I started doing this and want to find ways to help: DONATE - CASH, BOOKS, BOARD GAMES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, PAPER, OFFICE SUPPLIES, TENTS, SLEEPING BAGS ...
COOK AND I'LL DELIVER
JUST WALK THROUGH CAMP AND TALK TO PEOPLE
USE YOUR MANAGERIAL SKILLS TO HELP THEM SELF-ORGANIZE!

Some of the comments that have come my way since I started this:

1. "I am not sure I completely agree ..." I stopped listening at that point. I try and imagine what it would be like to have been a black during the 60s and saying "I am not sure I completely agree with Dr. King ...". But I forget that these are the 40% who think they are in the 1% !

2. "Why are they protesting now with Obama as President? Where were they when Bush was President?". Ummm, excuse me? "Where were they?" WHERE WERE YOU?!




No comments: